1. Each team shall consist of Four Rinks. Each game to be played over 21 ends. Two points to each rink for a win. One point to each rink for a draw. Six points to the team with the highest aggregate of shots. Three points for each team if the match is tied. Total number of points available is 14.
2. (a) A draw for rinks to take place 15 minutes before start time after which the players may commence their trial ends.
(b) All matches (except (d) under) to commence not later than 6.30pm, the start of the game being when the jack is delivered after the trial ends. Late players may join the game up to this point.
(c) Green fees are to be paid by the home club.
(d) Games played in May & August to commence at 6.15pm instead of 6.30pm, the start of the game being when the jack is delivered after the trial ends.
3. (a) All competitors must wear the same regulation dress for all matches. White shirts, or coloured shirts that have been approved by the RCBBA, above the waist, grey trousers and regulation bowling shoes for all games played in a league format.
(b) Dress code for the Semi finals and Finals shall be decided by the Management Committee.
(c) It is expected that competitors in league matches would have their bowls identified by their club stickers.
4. (a) The league will be divided into two sections – East with three divisions, West with two. Promotion and relegation between the 3/2 divisions will be two up and two down each season. Each team will play each other home and away during the season.
(b) All matches including all those re-arranged under rule 11 must be completed to allow at least 7 days before the relevant finals stages commence unless there are exceptional circumstances and approval has been granted by the management committee.
(c) Any new teams joining the league will be placed into division two/three of their section, subject to review by the Management Committee taking into account all factors including geographical locations.
5. All matches will be played on Tuesday evenings and all matches must be completed before the last day of the fixture programme. The fixtures to be compiled by the League Management Committee.
6. (a) The Official Match Result Card must be signed by BOTH captains and retained by the Home Team. The opposing captain will also add the e-mail address of his club contact. The home team will be responsible for transferring the information into an electronic spreadsheet compatible with Microsoft Excel format.
(b) Any results submitted with incorrect information are liable to the imposition of penalty points.
(c) The electronic format of the result card will then be submitted to the Result Officer and copied to the opposing team’s contact.
7. If the Match Result is received later than noon on the Thursday of the week when the match was played then the home side may have two points deducted from its total.
8. In the event of teams tied for any position in the League the higher placed will be the team with the greater shots difference or if still tied the greater total of shots scored.
9. (a) If a club that has more than one KL team, any player can play for any team with the proviso that if they play four times for a higher team they may not then play for a lower team for the remainder of the season. For example, playing four matches for Team B makes a player ineligible to play for Team C. Players aged 18 and under may play
an unlimited number of matches for their club in any team during the season.
(b) If bowler’s club does not have a KL team, he may play for another club, of which he is a bona-fide member, in the KL. (NB: a bona-fide member is a Life or fully paid-up playing member of a club).
10. In the event of a team fielding an ineligible player the points of the rink in which he played shall be conceded to the opposing side plus ten shots along with the six points for the match result.
11. (a) In the event of a match being abandoned due to adverse weather, if a minimum of 40 ends have been completed irrespective of the number of ends played on individual rinks, then the result will stand on the scores of each rink at the time the match was abandoned and the end completed.
(b) An Official Match Result Card must still be sent in stating the scores and the number of ends played for each rink at the time of abandonment.
(c) For matches not commenced or less than 40 ends completed, the home club must, within 48 hours, offer three alternative dates, one of which has to be accepted within 48 hours. The Results Officer to be notified of the replay date.
(d) Matches with less than 40 ends completed will be voided and must be replayed from scratch.
(e) Matches rearranged to be played within the last three weeks of the season, must be referred to the Management Committee for approval. The Results Officer to be notified of the replay date.
(f) If a team does not fulfil a fixture the defaulting team shall forfeit the match and concede 14 points and 40 shots to their opponents. In this event the League Management Committee will consider the circumstances of the default to decide whether further action, including exclusion, should be taken against the offending team.
12. (a) If a side arrives one player short one rink will play three against the opposing four players in accordance with the Laws of the Sport of Bowls. If a side arrives one rink short (i.e. two or more players short) the two rinks points plus 20 shots shall be conceded to the opposing side.
(b) In the event of a player being injured or falling sick during a match, whereby he is unable to continue, an eligible substitute player shall be allowed to take his place (in accordance with the Laws of the Sport of Bowls).
(c) If there is no substitute player available then the rink will continue as permitted under the Laws of the Sport of Bowls. In doing so one fourth of their shots will be deducted from the last completed end (before the player left the green) to the end of the match.
13. (a) In both divisions 1 and 2 the winner of east will play a final against their counterparts from the west.
(b) The matches will be played on a date and venue to be decided by the Management Committee.
(c) At no stage will a team be allowed to commence a final with less than four full rinks.
(d) The results of the finals will be decided by aggregate shots. In the event of a tie each rink will play an extra end or ends until a result is determined.
14. The winning team will receive a trophy at the end of the season to be held for one year.