ROYAL COUNTY OF BERKSHIRE BOWLING ASSOCIATION
BENEVOLENT FUND 2018 Triples Championship
(inaugurated 28th November 1931)
A. Bartter (Hungerford BC)
R.E. Fenner (Three Mile Cross B.C.)
D. Parsonson (Thatcham B.C.)
Hon. Secretary and Treasurer
Telephone: 0118 942 6362
A. Bartter Hungerford B.C.
R Fenner Three Mile Cross B C
D. Parsonson Thatcham B.C.
J. Snook Reading B.C.
R. Heathman Windsor & Eton B.C.
T Durrant Faringdon B C
G Boucher Didcot B C
CONSTITUTION AND REGULATIONS
1. This Fund is for the sole purpose of granting aid to bowlers and their dependants who from age, illness or infirmity or any other cause which the Committee consider worthy of financial assistance.
2. The Fund is to be governed by three Trustees comprised of the Chairman, the Hon. Secretary and Treasurer (Combined Office) and one other Committee Member. The Committee is not to exceed seven members in total. All appointments to be ratified at the next Annual General Meeting of the County Association.
3. Applications for assistance will normally be submitted by the Committee of the Club of which the applicant is or was a Member but may also be recommended by the appointed liaison person of the Club in question.
4. The names of persons seeking assistance to be disclosed only to the Benevolent Committee and regarded as strictly confidential.
5. The Chairman or Secretary of the Fund shall report on the work of the Fund, including an independently examined statement of accounts to the Annual General Meeting of the County Association.
6. The Financial Year of the Fund shall coincide with that of the County Association.
7. An independently examined copy of accounts together with a list of subscribers shall be published annually.
BENEVOLENT FUND TRIPLES COMPETITION
The game shall consist of 18 ends, three bowls each player, and the appropriate general Rules for Competitions will apply. The ‘Challenger’ must offer his ‘Opponent’ two dates, one of which must be on a weekend. Clubs to hold an internal competition (minimum entry is 2 triples). The winners will represent the Club in the Benevolent Fund Triples Competition.
Entrance Fee £4.50 per Triple, or such sum as the Committee determines from time to time.
The proceeds to be donated to the Benevolent Fund.
Winning Triple to hold the W. Manifold Cup for one year and be awarded prizes.
Losing Finalists to hold the F. Beard Cup for one year and be awarded prizes.
The Annual Fixture was played at Caversham BC on Sunday 16th July and proved to be both enjoyable and financially successful. In terms of money raised for the Benevolent Association Fund the sum of £641 was achieved on the day thus maintaining the 5 year average since the fixture was inaugurated.
Speaking after the game Chairman of the Benevolent Fund Alan Bartter warmly thanked the Caversham Club for their strenuous efforts in hosting the game and to all who attended and supported the occasion so generously. He explained the way in which the Benevolent Committee operates and confirmed that enquiries for financial assistance would be welcomed through the proper channels as the Fund is in a sound financial position.
Thanks also to RCBBA President David Davies and his Officers for their presence in what is a busy schedule for them. In the near future a date and venue will be announced for the 2018 renewal. The RCBBA will be out for revenge having suffered a 134 – 104 shot deficit this year!